Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Interview Questions

1)  If you were to teach this book using only one literary element, which one would it be and why? What made this element stand out about the rest?

If I was to teach this book using only one literary element I would use point of view because from the very beginning of the book Crane allows the reader to see different points of view from different people in the community. I believe the beginning and ends of books tells you everything you need to know to understand the book as a whole.
        
         


2)  At what point do you think Maggie lost her innocence, and how did that change her from beginning to end?

Maggie lost her innocence when she started prostituting. That changed her from beginning to end because in the beginning she was almost like the chosen one she was very different from her loud fighting brother she was more quit and laid back; however when she started prostituting her entire mind set changed.



3) If you had never read the book before, what mood would the first chapter give off? What about the last? How do you think Crane successfully gives off each of these moods (basically, what did he do differently from the first to the last chapter?)


The first chapter would give me a weird feel of the book, I wouldn’t be sure if I want to continue reading the book or not its gives me little rascals with a mixture of Oliver twist in sense where fighting is exciting but the way Crane describes the fighting isn’t intriguing enough. In the last chapter I felt the same way I feel like Crane doesn’t use enough descriptive words in order for me to truly engage with the text. 




If these questions did not produce the elaboration I was hoping for, or the support from the text, how do I incorporate them into my paper?

1 comment:

  1. interesting--questions are a bit repetitive but answers are what they are...in terms of incorporating, no need for lots of quotes from this--one would do...

    I find interesting the comparison to Dickens.

    ReplyDelete